E-Timm & Son ceased trading in April 2001. The site on which the factory once stood is now home to Morrisons of Goole

You are here
 
Between a bank of impressively large silos and modern mill buildings housing some of Europe's most advanced milling machinery, stands an old mill without its sails. It is at this old five sail windmill that the story of Timms began.

In March 1854, Mr. Edward Timm, the founder of the company, rented this mill together with a three story steam mill on the same site. He worked it successfully for a number of years and accumulated enough capital to buy the mill and adjoining buildings for £1500 in 1868. This enterprise became a father and son partnership when Mr. Edward Timm took his son Mr John Timm into the business under the title of
E. Timm & Son.

Continuous investment has seen the company develop into one of the most modern and efficient independent milling operations in the UK. Our Goole site now has three computerised mills using modern systems to produce a comprehensive range of quality flours for the food and baking industries together with a wide range of specialty pre-mixes for the craft baker.

Our stringent quality control, product development expertise and total commitment to customer satisfaction will ensure that Timm's reputation will continue to go from strength to strength.

Old Timms Mill
The original mill still exists on the Timms site today.